Araku Valley Tourism Package
Home to a large number of coffee plantations, with mists hanging over it, Araku Valley is proudly known as the “Food Bowl of South India”. Araku Valley is a small hill station located at a distance of about 120 km from Vishakhapatnam or Vizag in Andhra Pradesh. In recent times, the popularity of Araku Valley has grown so much that people from all over the world gravitate towards the scenic beauty, calm, and the delicious cuisine offered by this hill resort. Well known for its non-commercial appeal, undefiled landscapes, greenery, waterfalls, caves, and of course the home grown organic coffee, Araku Valley is one of the top destinations to visit in South India.
Places to Visit in Araku Valley
When planning a visit to Araku Valley, you never have to worry about getting bored. There are many places to visit in Araku Valley; a list that has something for everyone! From the hair pin bends on the serpentine hill roads to the exquisite views of open fields, the sights in Araku Valley are an experience that stays with you for a life time. Some of the top places to visit in Araku Valley include:
- Sri Mahalingeshwara Swamy Temple – Dedicated to a local deity who is believed to have saved all the fish in a fight between the fish and the snakes.
- Coffee Plantations – The most prominent view in Araku Valley involves a number of tall trees that can often be seen hanging with coffee berries.
- Padmapuran Botanical Garden – This part of the Eastern Ghats is a favourite amongst kids who love to ride the toy train, while the adults can stay in one of the tree huts located inside the garden.
- Tyda Village and Park – The perfect place for a picnic, trekking and camping activities, and a paradise for bird watchers! What more could one ask for?
- Borra Caves – A natural wonder, the caves are lit with multi-colour lights. One can go inside to witness the beautiful ways of nature with the delicate yet sturdy rock formations located many meters beneath the earth’s surface
- Dumbriguda Fall – Water falling from an altitude of 3215 ft. makes for a beautiful sight and sound that can completely rejuvenate your mind.
- Bheemunipatnam Beach – At the opening of River Gosthani, this beach is dotted with tall coconut trees and some ruins of Portuguese history.
Other attractions in the valley include the Araku Tribal Museum, Sangda Waterfalls, Katiki Falls, and Matsyagundam.
Best Time to Visit
The tourist season in Araku Valley starts after the monsoons, and the best time to visit the hill station is between the months of October and February. However, if you are a nature lover, you would love the sight of verdant greenery during the monsoons as well, as there are still a number of places to visit in Araku Valley at that time.
Enjoy Araku Valley with Madras Travels & Tours
Madras Travels & Tours offers you a number of tour packages for Araku Valley, from which you can choose the one that offers you exactly what you need. You concentrate on having fun, and we will take care of all the nitty-gritties to make your travel fun!